1907-2018 Celebrating 111 years
serving the needs of education!
A.A. BrattonOur founder
Robert A. Bratton President 1946 - 1974
1907 to Today
In 1907 our founder A.A. Bratton opened our doors in
Columbus, Ohio as a business dictating machine dealer representing Thomas
Edison. In 1926 he installed the worlds first foreign language laboratory using
the Ediphone, wax cylinder recorder to create an acoustic audio language
Post World War II, Magnetic Recording Industries designed and manufactured the first line of equipment specifically designed for foreign language education. Bratton Corporation was MRI's first dealer.
In the 1950's we installed the world's first high school language lab at University High School in Columbus, Ohio.
In 1972 Sony Corporation brought their line of language laboratory equipment to America. We signed on to represent Sony and are their oldest dealer.
Today, Bratton Corporation specializes in the Design, Installation and Servicing of educational systems including Language Laboratories, Computer Classrooms, Media Retrieval Systems, Distance Learning Systems and Video File Servers. As an education system integrator we provide product demonstration, systems engineering, installation, warranty and contract service. Through our expertise, customers design their own systems. Leasing and grant funding information available.
VIEW BRATTON CORPORATION BROCHURE